#eligibility Bombshell: Hawaii Conspiracy Allegations on Email Records Request

by Phil on 03/5/2010

Major late-breaking news has been posted this evening by Sharon Rondeau at The Post & Email. I have the links to this story and more over at News.TheRightSideOfLife.com. Basically, officials from the great State of Hawaii “inadvertently” shared some emails with a records requester, and it’s likely to blow back in the officials’ faces.

The email exchange was rather short, with the admission that a records request had to be handled by them. And then there was this little ditty:

Hi, Janice,

I checked online for a “Kathleen Gotto” and I came across this letter that I presume she wrote http://blogtalkradio.com/MenifeeValleyRadio/blog/2008/11/15/Letter-to-the-US-Supreme-from-Kathleen-Gotto-This-is-a-vital-issue-to-us-all who accused Obama of “…who almost got away with stealing the Presidency…” I doubt that any answer I might send her would satisfy her since she has the same agenda as Rob Lamb (who accused me of lying and that I should be fired). Although Rob Lamb did not mention Obama’s name, he can be found online as another person who has a hidden agenda. It is interesting that in all of Rob Lamb’s emails he did not mention Obama’s name even once.

Aloha,

Ken

It’s great to know that officials are conspiring against private individuals with respect to records requests, now, isn’t it, I ask obviously quite sarcastically?

Frankly, if you don’t think this is a conspiracy, I’ll direct you to what Ms. Rondeau pointed out in the annals of the great States’ own laws:

…U.S. Code, Title 42, Chapter 21, Subchapter I of §1985. Conspiracy to interfere with civil rights reads:

(3) Depriving persons of rights or privileges:

If two or more persons in any State or Territory conspire … for the purpose of depriving, either directly or indirectly, any person or class of persons of the equal protection of the laws, or of equal privileges and immunities under the laws; … ; in any case of conspiracy set forth in this section, if one or more persons engaged therein do, or cause to be done, any act in furtherance of the object of such conspiracy, whereby another is injured in his person or property, or deprived of having and exercising any right or privilege of a citizen of the United States, the party so injured or deprived may have an action for the recovery of damages occasioned by such injury or deprivation, against any one or more of the conspirators.

I have a number of other eligibility and other links highlighted on the News site, but long-time readers of my blog will certainly note that this story proverbially takes the cake.

-Phil

News.TheRightSideOfLife.com -=- Subscriptions -=- Twitter: @trsol -=- email: phil [at] therightsideoflife [dot] com

There are 12 comments in this article:

1. 03/6/2010Sue says:

“The Post & Email claims to have the emails to back these allegations up. If they do and legal action is pursued, it could be another means to get to the truth behind this President and the apparent arrogance that some officials have in the way they treat concerned citizens.”

My suggestion to P&E is to file their lawsuit and test their “legal theory.” Put up or shut up!

2. 03/6/2010elspeth says:

Full disclosure!

3. 03/6/2010MGB says:

Truly, truly interesting, Phil. Is it the business of these people to answer lawful requests of the people or is it their business to first investigate the citizens to determine what their “hidden agenda” is, if any? Unbelievable.

Is it coincidental that the bill being proposed in the Hawaiian Legislature requires a person who wants to see birth information to provide multiple forms of photo ID and to be videotaped while viewing the documents? Did perhaps Ken and Janice have some input there, too? Would that be called conspiring or having a “hidden agenda” of their own?

btw, “Ken” is apparently Kenneth David, supervisor of the vital statistics office, while “Janice” is apparently Janice Okubo, communications director of the DoH.

He doubts that Gotto would be happy with any answer he might send her. Did he try to honestly answer her lawful questions? Why doesn’t he try following Hawaiian statutes and stop worrying about any fallout to Obama?

It seems to me that Kathleen Gotto requested a simple explanation of their procedures regarding Certificates of Hawaiian Birth which have been amended and then superceded by the issuance of a late Certificate of Birth (a regular, Hawaiian COLB) versus when a regular Hawaiian COLB (birth certificate) is amended. It’s not Ms. Gotto’s fault that their terminology is opaque. In fact, it has changed over time since the issue of Obama’s eligibility first arose.

Why he thinks her motivation for asking is pertinent, is concerning. It seems to prove that he has politicized his job and the DoH. Mr. Ken David’s job is to follow the law. Not to question the reasons WHY someone might request public records or information about public policy and procedure. Who has the agenda here? Then he unfairly links Ms. Gotto to some other person who apparently insulted him and responds to her accordingly. Or, I should say, he doesn’t respond to her lawful request, apparently because he resents her motivations or what someone else said about him.

At least Janice seems to want to respond, if only because her job requires her to respond in some way to UIPA requests. Mr. David says that he “might not even try” to answer her. Why not? It’s only his taxpayer-funded JOB, after all.

He seems to introduce an entirely new concept: Not only are their vital records confidential, but he seems to believe that their PROCEDURES are confidential, too. I’d like to know where that can be found in their statutes.

4. 03/6/2010RobL says:

I will post here what I have also posted at The Post & Email, Oil For Immigration, and Give Us Liberty 1776:

Other than my occasional on-line pen name, RobL, or sometimes just Rob, I have not used any other name, that I recall, on the web. Not sure what Ken David is alluding to in his October 5, memo, printed here. He is certainly one very misguided individual.

He is correct, however, I did not refer to the name ‘Obama’ in my emails. I did not need to. His identity was not germane to the question I was asking. For Mr. David to make that a point in his letter is curious indeed. How can the state of Hawaii legitimately hire people so ill equipped to deal with issues important to the people of the state?

As I pointed out over and over again in my various emails, which went out to Governor Lingle, Attorney Geneneral Bennett, Dr. Fukino, OIP Director Tsukiyama, OIP attorney Joesting, Communications Director Okubo, State House Member Ching, State House Member Finnegan, State House Member Marumoto, State House Member Marcos Pine, State House Member Thielen, State House Member Ward, State Senator Hemmings, State Senate Member Slom, Ken David, and others, I was interested in format only; I was not concerned with ANY specific individual. I also had numerous telephone conversations with members of the staffs for some of the above, and attempted to reach other individuals with whom my requests had purportedly been given to for resolution and response.

All to no avail. Copies of my inquiries, and the notes of my telephone conversations are available if requested.

RobL

5. 03/6/2010Phil says:

RobL,

RobL

Thanks so much for commenting.

In fact, on top of this, I have received a bit of a “challenge” from an opposition lawyer regarding this story that I intend to post later this weekend. Nothing hugely ground-breaking, but a more of an in-depth logical analysis of what appears to be going on here.

-Phil

6. 03/7/2010brygenon says:

Looks like Hawaiian officials are “conspiring” to do their jobs in the face of constant harassment. The P&E reprinted Okubo’s recent statement, but they don’t seem to have understood:

“The Department of Health is entrusted by the people of Hawai‘i to protect the vital records it maintains. The Department operates within the confines of the laws that govern state and federal agencies and will continue to do so. No amount of bullying or spreading rumors and false innuendos will persuade the department or its officials to break the trust of the people, operate outside of the law, or misuse the information it is entrusted to protect.” — Janice Okubo, Hawai’i State Department of Health

That means smearing them with this “conspiracy” accusation is not going to work.

7. 03/7/2010C.Scott says:

Sue said,
    ——————————————————————–

“Legal Theory” ?

The law seems clear to me, do you disagree?

I would think “O”botrons would be for open government,transparency, civil rights etc…

How low will you go for the “O” ?

8. 03/7/2010Phil says:

brygenon,

I don’t want to take too much of my own thunder away from an upcoming posting that I promised for this weekend (which isn’t going to happen by this evening; lots of updates over at my News site instead), I will say the following:

It is the job of the HI DoH to answer all requests with respect to the content of said requests. If such requests cannot be adequately fulfilled due to legal constraints, then it doesn’t take much to put together a form letter in response back to said individual.

It is not the job of the HI DoH to perform what could very legitimately be construed as “opposition research” with respect to divining the intentions of said requester of information. That is quite simply and clearly wrong.

Again, I’ll more fully expound on this in response to an “opposition” lawyer’s request for me to follow up on this issue. However, it will be at least tomorrow due to my own personal time constraints.

-Phil

9. 03/8/2010Sue says:

C. Scott,

““Legal Theory” ?

The law seems clear to me, do you disagree?”

Are you a lawyer? I am not, therefore, until a competent, credible lawyers says otherwise, I consider this P&E’s legal theory.

If the law is clear, then P&E needs to file their lawsuit. Like I said, put up or shut up, fish or cut bait.

10. 03/8/2010Sue says:

“Claim: Unverified Woman Helps Obama Campaign Forge COLB?”

11. 03/9/2010Linda says:

Sue says: There is a claim on the Freep thread that the original post was subsequently edited to state it was “Fictional.”

So now you would spin it to make as if FREEPERS edits its commenters posts? I thought they only did that at politijab & obama conspiracy?

I have been following the Freep thread in question form its beginning and there were no alterations to the post. WellyP didn’t take time to actually read, comprehend or compute the fact that the post was FICTION and WellyP ignored the posts correcting the misinterpretation.

Now I have a question for all of you drones. How is it that there are 2 DLN’s for Obama’s Selective Service records. Why were his records altered(SSS FORM 50), therefore generating a 2nd DLN number a little more than a month prior to his 30th birthday? Why don’t the several copies received under FOIA match up with other records from the same post office during the same week? Why doesn’t the postal date stamp on Obama’s SSS Form 1 match that from the other SSS FORM 1 records that were generated at the same postal office during that same week in 1980?

Your annointed one has a lot more than citizenship issues. No wonder he is so grouchy these days and lashing out at anyone & everyone, including those in his own party.

12. 03/10/2010Sue says:

I am not “claiming” anything. Here is the link to the comment. Read for yourself.

BTW, do you have any credible evidence the PJ or Dr. C’s site alter or edits comments?