Wednesday’s Headlinesby Phil on 03/18/2009
The “American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009,” provides at Section 111(b)(3)(D)(iii):
`SEC. 111. EXECUTIVE COMPENSATION AND CORPORATE GOVERNANCE.
[. . .]
`(iii) The prohibition required under clause (i) shall not be construed to prohibit any bonus payment required to be paid pursuant to a written employment contract executed on or before February 11, 2009, as such valid employment contracts are determined by the Secretary or the designee of the Secretary.
- AIG Bombshells: $1.2B in Bonuses, Over $100B Paid to Goldman, Other Banks
- AIG bailout the worst of both worlds
- Remember, the GOP got savaged for voting against the bailout
- Citigroup Inc., one of the companies we’ve been forced to bail out, is losing its chief economist, the guy who should have seen this coming, to the Obama Administration
- Geithner: AIG must pay back bonus money
- Hey, guess who else has an executive retention bonus plan?
- Summary of Conference Call – Congressmen McCarthy, Jordan, and Kirk
- Obama’s Bloated Budget in Pictures
- It doubles national debt, raises your taxes and expands government:
- ACORN to Play Role in 2010 Census
- The U.S. Census Bureau is working with several national organizations to help recruit 1.4 million workers to produce the country’s 2010 census, including one with a history of voter fraud charges: ACORN.
- Some Dems want brake in Obama plans
- CHANGE: Obama Considering Expanding War
- America’s Air Force: No One Comes Close
- SoCons, Paultards, NeoCons, RINOS… TOSS ‘EM ALL OUT… or Maybe Not
- Princeton Professor: Despite Rhetoric Republicans Are Party of Bigger Government
- Missouri police given chilling instructions
- Maryland Has an Independent Legislator
- KBH LEADS PERRY; STRICKLAND LOOKS STRONG; PENN GOP GUV RACE GETS CROWDED; DEL IS MIKE’S CASTLE.
- Obama appoints first appellate court justice
- Berkeley schools enrollment policy, court says
- First Circuit Upholds Ban on Petitioning for Candidates on Interior Post Office Sidewalks