Wednesday’s Headlines

Stem Cells

Science

Personal Finance

LifeHacker

There are 9 comments in this article:

1. 03/11/2009Roderick says:

Once again I am going to say this one more time to martinez. If the man tells everybody before being put on the ballot that he may have been born in Kenya and he is not going to divulge his birth certificate than the voters can decide. To try and hide where you are from or tell people that you were born here and not provide the proof means that the voters have not decided anything and in this case ‘bama has put himself on the ballot although not constitutionally eligible. Thanks for not running for office again you little twit and I will have my way with you later as I tear into any statement you make regarding this.

2. 03/11/2009Sharon 2 says:

Phil,

Please excuse me if this has already been addressed. I just read a comment on another blog and wanted to discuss the point here. Two people claiming to be experts (I’ll assume they are until proven otherwise) have raised doubts about the COLB. I think it was Bob who referred to a link to dispute the experts. Did these others vouch for the authenticity of the COLB or merely disparage the conclusions of the experts who question the COLB? I don’t remember where the link was to go back and read the opinions again (I scanned them the first time). Thanks.

3. 03/11/2009Sharon 2 says:

Interesting comparison of Wiki entries: Sara Palin and Barak Obama.

4. 03/11/2009Phil says:

Sharon 2,

Here’s the link I originally posted concerning Sandra Ramsey Lines and Dr. Polarik.

The following is specifically what she said concerning the online certification of live birth:

2. I have reviewed the attached affidavit posted on the internet from “Ron Polarik,” [PDF] who has declined to provide his name because of a number of death threats he has received. After my review and based on my years of experience, I can state with certainty that the COLB presented on the internet by the various groups, which include the “Daily Kos,” the Obama Campaign, “Factcheck.org” and others cannot be relied upon as genuine. Mr. Polarik raises issues concerning the COLB that I can affirm. Software such as Adobe Photoshop can produce complete images or alter images that appear to be genuine; therefore, any image offered on the internet cannot be relied upon as being a copy of the authentic document.

3. Upon a cursory inspection of the internet COLB, one aspect of the image that is clearly questionable is the obliteration of the Certificate No. That number is a tracking number that would allow anyone to ask the question, “Does this number refer to the Certification of Live Birth for the child Barack Hussein Obama II?” It would not reveal any further personal information; therefore, there would be no justifiable reason for oliterating it.

4. In my experience as a forensic document examiner, if an original of any document exists, that is the document that must be examined to obtain a definitive finding of genuineness or non-genuineness. In this case, examination of the vault birth certificate for President-Elect Obama would lay this issue to rest once and for all. [emphasis mine]

-Phil

5. 03/11/2009Phil says:

Sharon 2,

Interesting comparison of Wiki entries: Sara Palin and Barak Obama.

Your comments wins for best observation of the day.

Isn’t it interesting that Wikipedia is more than willing to cover the albeit legitimate issues that she has had to deal with while Governor, but yet very little of questions concerning Obama’s past associations, the eligibility issue and so forth make it to the President’s entry?

-Phil

6. 03/12/2009meson says:

Why would he say that “he may have been born in Kenya” when his COLB clearly states he was born in Honolulu, Hawaii?

7. 03/13/2009Poppet says:

To senator Martinez:
    You have got to be one of the biggest
    “A” holes in America. If the popular vote was for Osama (not)
    Obama would Osama (bin laden) become our president.
    STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES = Martinez

As a lifelong Republican
    I am no longer going to donate
    money to the Republican Party or vote for them unless Martinez
    is removed or takes action against the usurper in Office.

It’s very simple. A “natural born citizen” means having “BOTH”
    parent’s that are u.s. citizen’s. Obama’s father was NEVER a
    u.s. citizen. Obama inherited his father’s British citizenship
    of Kenya. The colb provided by Obama does not state the citizenship of his parent’s. It is not defensable, Obama admitted
    his father was NEVER a u.s. citizen.
    There is plenty of information for reasonable doubt that Obama
    is ineligible.

Call the gop and let them know if you agree or disagree with him:

Republican National Committee | 310 First Street | Washington, D. C. 20003
    p/202.863.8500 | f/202.863.8820 | e/info@gop.com

FYI: 18 U.S.C. 4 imposes a legal obligation to report all Federal Felonies to an officer in the Judicial, Civil or Military authorities of the United States (Federal Government):

(Failure to do so is another Federal Felony!)
    (read’s as follow’s)
    Whoever, having knowledge of the actual commission of a felony cognizable by a court of the United States, conceals and does not as soon as possible make known the same to some judge or other person in civil or military authority under the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

8. 03/14/2009misanthropicus says:

Whether Obama is (was) not eligible for the job is still an open matter – but one which definitely should be seriously pursued since the burden of evidence is on him, and his answer to this challenge is, at least, bizzare. Why does he follow this costly (financially & politically) route when he, with a $12 fee could put at rest the entire matter? This attitude only amplifies existing suspicions.

As far as Martinez’ (and others’) “fait accompli” justification in this situation, an analogy will prove its ridiculousness – if someone steals a credit card, and uses it, then he/she is caught, he/she will be guitless since… it’s over, the sale went through!

A last point – while media was remarkably discrete about Obama’ eligibility issue, yesterday’s CNN post (and last week’s LA Times article) are very prudent in describing the situation – some acknowledgement and prudent hedging here?
    Maybe watching Jon Stewart and the pack tearing off Cramer for his mindless denials of a clear situation has awaken in media the fears of appearing in the same light not very far in the future when Obama’s ineligibility situation might explode.

Very good site, discovered via WND – keep the good work.

9. 03/14/2009Phil says:

misanthropicus,

Very good site, discovered via WND – keep the good work.

Thanks for the kind words. And to think that other commenters — predominantly of the opposition — actually want me to change the focus of my site!

And that’s the beauty of the blosophere. Don’t like what someone’s saying on a particular site? Have some free time and see a niche to fill? Go start a site!

-Phil

Write a comment:

You have to log in to write a comment.