Wednesday’s Headlinesby Phil on 03/11/2009
- Obama still an American, still president
- Sen. Martinez: “…[I]t falls to the voters to decide whether a particular presidential candidate is qualified to hold office.”
- Bloggers Bashing Martinez Over Obama Birth Certificate
- Martinez announced in December that he will not seek re-election in 2010.
- DEBUNKING THE OBAMATOIDS
- Right-Wing Writer Invents His Own Obama Wikipedia Scandal
- Wikipedia misleads, smears about Obama citizenship “conspiracy theory”
Tea Party Update
- A Turning Tide?
- Obama still has the approval of the people, but the establishment is beginning to mumble that the president may not have what it takes.
- Fineman: Washington Establishment concluding Obama in over his head
- Taliban to Obama: Get a Clue!!
- Obama White House Discloses Two More Lobbyist Waivers Granted
- Why Does This Obama Voter Keep Telling the GOP How to do Things?
- The Latest from Camille Paglia on Obama’s Staff: “Heads Should Roll”
- Why has Obama neglected Treasury?
Wanting Obama to Fail
- Flashback: Carville Wanted Bush to Fail
- The press never reported that Democratic strategist James Carville said he wanted President Bush to fail before the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. But a feeding frenzy ensued when radio host Rush Limbaugh recently said he wanted President Obama to fail.
- Flashback: Minutes before 9/11 attacks, Carville said he hoped Bush wouldn’t succeed
State Legislation Update
- U.S. Supreme Court Interprets Voting Rights Act Narrowly as to Redistricting
- Colorado National Popular Vote Bill Advances
- Legislation to reform government hits a wall
- Backers hold out little hope after House panel kills measure
- Illinois Bill Advances that would Make Voter’s Choice of Primary Ballot Secret
- Veteran California Democratic Activist Op-Ed on “Top-Two”
- Aspen City Council Implements Ranked Choice Voting
- West Virginia Ballot Access Bill Introduced After All
War on Terrorism
- Congress approves massive $410B spending bill
- Senate Passes Huge Spending Bill, Heads to Obama for Signature
- The Senate approved the measure by voice after it cleared a key procedural hurdle by a 62-35 vote. Sixty votes were required to shut down debate.
- Omnibusted: $410,000,000,000.00 Omnibus Spending Bill Passes Senate
- Forbes: Obama Oversells His Mortgage ‘Rescue’
- And His Administration Hides Information From the Press About It
- Democrats Starting to Panic About Economy
- And When Democrats Panic, You Pay
- Congress gives federal government a big raise in economic crisis
- Senate votes to keep automatic pay raises
- House Democrats Entertain Idea Of Another ‘Stimulus’ Bill
- Stimulus Part II On Horizon?
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi
- Judicial Watch Uncovers Documents Detailing Pelosi’s Repeated Requests for Military Travel
- House Speaker Issued Unprecedented Demands for Military Aircraft and Wasted Taxpayer Resources with Last Minute Cancellations
- Pelosi: ‘I never demanded a bigger plane’; Evidence: ‘Yes, she did’
- 58 Senators Vote Against Poor D.C. Kids
- Even beneficiaries of school choice turn their back on 1,700 children
- Ward Churchill, Bill Ayers, and “Social Justice” Education
- Gov. Sanford’s star on the ascent among conservatives
- Name being bandied as possible 2012 presidential candidate
- Wal-Mart plans to market digital health records system
- Obama Faction Moves to Makes Medical Workers “Slaves in Conscience”
- The LA Times Answers Stem Cells FAQs with Frequently Stated Misconceptions
- Just because a question is frequently asked doesn’t mean it should get a shoddy answer.
- Homeowner’s Property Tax Reduction Kit Arms You Against Bad Assessments [Taxes]
- RerunCheck Notifies You if Your Favorite Show is a Repeat [Television]
- OpenWith.org Tells Your Mom How to Open That File (For Free) [Downloads]
- Keep a Career Log to Motivate and Track Progress [Goals]
- NutshellMail Updates, Can Reply to Twitter by Email [Email Alerts]
- Mobile Signature Makes One-Line Email Socially Acceptable [Email Tips]
- Tinyarro.ws: Because Tiny URLS Just Aren’t Tiny Enough [URLs]
- Ten Must-Have Gmail Filters Available for Download [Exclusive Lifehacker Download]